1971 - 1973 Mustang Classic Update Wire Harness Kit
1971 - 1973 Mustang Classic Update Wire Harness Kit
This 1971 1972 or 1973 Mustang Classic Update Wire Harness Kit is the most complete kit on the market. It is Year and Model Specific made for your 1971 - 1973 Mustang. Upgrade your wiring with one of these American Autowire Kits from Stang-Aholics Today!
Sold as KIT
Classic Update kits get you the simplicity of an OE application and the modern technology of the newer Street Rod styled harnesses. It allows you to install a complete system into a vehicle that addresses the modern features needed in today’s Resto Rods and Pro-Touring type cars, with the convenience and all of the final details of an OE style harness. Classic Update kits are vehicle specific. That means that they are a complete harness system that is engineered for specific year, make, and models of a vehicle.
These kits will generally include all the correct lamp sockets, connectors, sub-harnesses, and updated ignition, headlamp, and dimmer switches helping to make it a complete wiring solution to a given vehicle. There are a few exceptions to this rule. For instance, any vehicle that has a column mounted GM ignition switch will only receive the stock connectors, not an ignition switch. We do give the customer a set of disconnects, and the cluster wires on the dash harness are left long so that the customer can make their own disconnect for whatever cluster they are running.We supply the 2 feeds necessary to install any of the different configurations into any of those cars just as Ford did in a stock harness.
Much research goes into a Classic Update kit as the dash harnesses are engineered to install in a given location and are built complete with a few exceptions. There are a few connections that need to be completed by the customer such as the Back-up and Neutral Safety ones as there are several ways to accomplish this based on the transmission that is being used in the build of the vehicle. The sub-harnesses that attach to the dash harness (engine, front light, rear body, console, etc.) have the main attaching connectors installed on them, but are left pretty loose and un-terminated on the opposite end so that they can be routed and installed in almost any custom fashion. The lengths are left very long for this reason. Most all necessary lamp sockets, connections, jumpers, and sub-harnesses are included with the kit. The goal with any Classic Update kit is to do as little splicing as possible, or no splicing whatsoever.
The Classic Update Series gives you the most complete kits on the market to “Make Wiring THAT Easy”. They are designed for specific year, make, and model configurations. The 1971- 1973 Ford Mustang Classic Update Kit is no exception. The kit boasts 16 features making it the most complete system of its type in the industry including:
- Standard turn signal flasher, hazard flasher, and horn relay mounted on harness.
- Fuse box designed to fit behind the glovebox assembly. All mounting brackets and required hardware supplied. New ATO fuse panel allows for easy fuse and circuit breaker accessibility. Harness is laid out and formed to allow for nearly all aftermarket accessories such as; gauge packages, wiper systems, heat and air conditioning systems, etc.
- Many original switch connector bodies - an American Autowire exclusive feature.
- Steering column connectors can plug directly into most aftermarket steering columns or stock ’71-’73 Mustang columns using the adapter and terminals included in the kit.
- Separate under dash courtesy lamp assemblies are also included for use along with the original dome/interior lighting feeds.
- Instrument cluster wiring is designed with a “cluster harness disconnect” system for easy service and assembly. Original style terminals and PC board connectors (another American Autowire exclusive) are provided for stock cluster connections. The system will also connect to most popular aftermarket gauge packages such as CLASSIC INSTRUMENTS, DAKOTA DIGITAL, AUTOMETER, VDO, and others.
- Rear body harness assembly plugs into the main harness in the LH “A-pillar” location, and our longer leads allow for stock or custom routing of the wires. Rear body wiring includes backup light lead wires with correct lamp sockets, stop and tail light lead wires with correct lamp sockets, dome light leads, terminals, connectors and lamp sockets to mate with the license plate lamp and side marker assemblies, and fuel tank sender wire with trunk grommet and molded fuel tank connection.
- New floor dimmer switch is provided for ease of installation. Wire length and connection accommodate original floor mount dimmer switch.
- New Ford style headlight switch with internal circuit breaker, adjustable length shaft, and custom knob.
- New windshield wiper/washer switch.
- New firewall grommet for the engine and front light wiring to pass through (another American Autowire exclusive) to allow for easy installation with original or custom routing.
- Engine wiring includes feeds for coil, aftermarket tach, water temperature, oil pressure, brake warning (with later updated extension if necessary), and electronic speedometer (if necessary). A heavy gauge alternator feed wire is provided for a typical 1-wire high- powered installation.
- Front lighting includes extra-long leads that can be routed for stock or custom applications. All head light, parking light, grill mounted light, and directional light leads, along with a switched trigger wire for an electric fan relay (usually recommended with AC) are provided. Mating terminals and connectors are also provided to complete the custom installation.
- Complete plug-and-play Gauge-Pack and floor console clock harnesses include correct lamp sockets and connections.
- Many original style light sockets, switch body connectors, terminals, etc.
- This product covers all 1971-73 Mustang model combinations including the Mach One.
- Item Requires Shipping
- 15.0 lbs.
- W14.0000” x H7.0000” x L22.0000”
- FREE SHIPPING on orders *$99 or more
- This item ships in its own box.
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.